Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Books, books and more books

Just finished reading these 2 books… wonderful simple delightful. “My Best Friend's Girl" by Dorothy Koomson and another by one of my fav author Cecelia Ahern titled “Thanks for the memories”.


My Best Friend's Girl is a simple story about friendship. How far would you go for your friend. It’s a story about 2 very best of friends Adele and Kamryn. They had a fight about guy (why does it always got to be over a guy :) and they did not talk to each other for the whole of 2 years despite all Adele’s attempt to reconcile. Until Kamryn 30th birthday when she received a birthday card from Adele asking her to come and see her cause she is dying… Her dying wish was for her best friend to adopt her daughter Tegan. How much would you sacrifice for your best friend. Kamryn is potrayed as a single career oriented African American lady, while Adele is potrayed as blue eye happy go lucky rich all American girl. The contrast in the character just captivate me to finish up the story. The sacrifice that Kamryn did to fulfill her best friend dying wish. She never forgive herself for not trying to reconcile with her best friend. I was thinking would I be able to do that for my friend or even my sister for that matter? Hmm… but it’s a story… things are so much simpler…Kamryn got an understanding boss who ends up being her boyfriend ehehehe.. that’s the most unlikely thing to happen in real life :).. but enjoy the story … :)

Cecelia Ahern.. hhmmm what do I say about her book.. I was hooked when I read P.S I love You… I still think that is her best book ever… so sweet so romantic so real… bestnya kalau ada real guy like Gerry ehehe.. as usual guys in books stays in books :)… This is a much better book than “A place called here”… which I can’t even read till the end as I got kind of lost in the middle of the book.. just like all the lost things in that book ehehe… anyway back to her book “Thanks for the memories”, first of all I like the book cover… It’s so cute and the color is so sweet… The story is not bad though I got lost somewhere in Heathrow airport when I read that book ahakss (why do I always get lost hhm !!!). Its about was about a guy , Justin donated his blood at a blood donation drive in his college. The blood he donated was transferred (betul ker ni .. transfer ehehe) in a girl, Joyce body when she fell and lost her baby. When she woke up, she ends up with his language skills, his eating habit, his memories and his love for arts & history. I never had any blood transfusion before but I would love to have extra added language skills… She suddenly can speak Spanish & Italians. She also knows all about the history of all the historical building in Dublin ehehe… But the best is that she keeps on having this vision of moments in his life. The day his daughter was born, his daughter in tutu shoes… just like Harry and Voldermort :).. the best character in this book has got to be Joyce’s father ehehe.. he’s so funny. Keep on calling Joyce , Gracie his late wife name… the part when he flew the first time. The havoc he caused at the airport… lovely character :).. happy ending story.. but P.S I Love you is sill the best .....

I’m out of book stock… my hubby was surprised that I finished all the books… well it’s not like the komuter is punctual and not like his punctual too :p… Sometimes I had to wait until 1 hr ++ for a train to come. So baik lah baca buku rather than waiting endlessly kat station tu. Hhm.. kalau drive to work sure don’t have this luxury anymore kan… ini pun kira lambat gak I finished reading as I don’t want to be bookless for long ehehe… ni dah 2 hari bookless… nak jumpa banun and exchange my book with her :)

No comments: